TopNavBar



Monday, December 19, 2011

2011 Holiday Project Inspiration

I am inspired by the frenzy of holiday creativity happening these days. Pink Chalk Studio is sharing a "Countdown to Christmas" that I've particularly been enjoying. I love Allie Kat Mom's "Oh Christmas Tree" quilt:


Oh Christmas Tree by Allie Kat Mom
The quilt is made of half square triangles, plain squares and a star block at the top of the tree. I think it would look great in shades of green with an occasional red half square triangle. The simple, parallel quilting lines look great!


You can find detailed instructions for making this quilt here.


I am also loving Amanda Jean's square Christmas Tree skirt:


Amanda Jean's Christmas Tree Skirt

Amanda Jean, Crazy Mom Quilts, posted a terrific step-by-step tutorial for making the Christmas Tree Skirt on her blog.


Are any of you familiar with Ed Emberley? He is an artist and author of numerous drawing books ... here are just a few:


Drawing Book of Animals
Drawing Book of Trucks and Trains
BIG GREEN Drawing Book


Cloud 9 is introducing a line of fabrics (February 2012) inspired by his Drawing Book of Animals and I can hardly wait! I especially love the lion print ... can't help it as I am a Leo ...


Lions and Tigers by Cloud 9

... but the elephant print is darling too!


Elephants by Cloud 9

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!