TopNavBar



Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Color with Jean Wells and the Sidekick Ruler by Jaybird Quilts

Jean is starting a series of blog posts called "Confidence with Color" that I think you'll enjoy. Click here to check it out! Jean begins with a beautiful scarf as her color inspiration, then develops a palette of fabrics. One of Jean's keys to success that I have found particularly helpful is using color in her project in similar proportions to the inspiration piece.

Jean's Color Inspiration

Another post I want to share with you is a guest post by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts. Last year, Julie introduced her Hex N More ruler which I love. This year, she has just introduced the Sidekick ruler. Both are well supported with a variety of patterns so you aren't stuck with a specialty ruler purchase for a single project ... don't you hate that? I do! In her post, Julie shows you all the shapes and sizes you can cut from each ruler and includes photos of the corresponding patterns. Thanks Julie!

Hex N More Ruler from Jaybird Quilts
Sidekick Ruler from Jaybird Quilts
I have now made several projects using Julie's patterns. They are well written, easily understood and clearly illustrated. I heartily recommend her tools and patterns. Click here to check out the rulers and patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!