TopNavBar



Thursday, January 12, 2012

LOVE Quilt and Exciting News

First, the exciting news! Remember back in July when I posted this picture of four small quilts that might possibly be included in Jean Wells' new book?





Well, here's the exciting news ... a card from Jean:




Yippee! I cannot wait to see Jean's new book and am so honored to be a tiny part of it. She is an amazing teacher!

I just finished the class sample for "LOVE is in the Air", a class I am teaching this spring at the Pine Needle:


I love everything about this pattern (by Tula Pink), from the whimsical letters to the quilting and multi-color binding. I quilted it as shown in the pattern because I thought the quilting design by Angela Walters was fabulous. A collaboration between the two of them, the "rays" in the light gray areas were Tula Pink's idea and the pebbles Angela's idea. 


The quilt will be at the Pine Needle open house Friday and Saturday, January 13 and 14. Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! That looks fantastic!!! Congrats on your quilt being accepted into the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Priscilla and live in Dallas,OR. We have a golden retreiver named Maddie. Congrats on having your quilt accepted in Jean Wells book. What an honor to be in her book.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!